If you purchased coconut oil in the past, you probably have used it for cooking or maybe even in a DIY like THIS one. You may be surprised to find out there are soooo many ways you can use this amazing oil! Here are 20 Surprising Uses for Coconut Oil.
Below this image I go into detail on which uses I have tried and how!
- Coffee Creamer – I posted on instagram last week about my new favorite coffee creamer using coconut oil from Modern Hippie it is so so yummy and is free of any gross preservatives. The ingredients are coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, vanilla and cacao powder. It is divine!
- Lip Balm – All you need is coconut oil, seriously it’s so nourishing for your lips and tastes yummy!
- Shave Oil – I used to use good ole johnson’s baby oil until I saw it had synthetic parfum as an ingredient-no thank you! This is a good dupe for baby oil but just like the baby oil you have to be careful after you use it because the floor can be a bit slippery after.
- Prevent Stretch Marks – I haven’t used coconut oil for this but I sure wish I would have known about this while I was pregnant!
- Use in Hand Soap – My favorite hand soap recipe is this one, it’s seriously so easy!
- Heal Diaper Rash – All you need is straight coconut oil, I used this on Emma when she was even a newborn and it worked perfectly and is cloth diaper friendly!
- Use in Lip Scrub – My lips get so chapped in the Winter, I use a mixture of honey, sugar and coconut oil when they needed a good exfoliation and it works magic. You don’t need to spend $20 on a lip scrub, most of us have these ingredients in our cabinets!
- Soothe Psoriasis and Eczema – Emma suffers from off and on eczema and when it flares up we do use coconut oil and it helps her.
- Nipple Cream – Yup, I’ve used it. Especially in the newborn days/months. Emma had a tongue and lip tie so her latch was pretty horrible. Nipple care was A MUST during those days before her revision and something about those popular lanolin gels just grosses me out (did you know it’s the wax secreted by sheep?!)
- Makeup Remover – Straight coconut oil is a great makeup remover if you find it too greasy for your liking you can always try THIS easy recipe
- Cuticle Oil – Coconut oil is just an amazing moisturizer. You can seriously use it anywhere on your body.
- Use in Dish Soap – My current DIY dish soap contains coconut oil along with water, unscented castille soap, baking soda and essential oils. It works just as good as traditional dish soap and it foams!
Have you tried any of these coconut oil uses?! Let me know if you have and which ones you will try next!