We all know that washing your hands is necessary to stop the spread of germs, but what if we were also spreading toxins throughout our body?!! Whaaaatt? It’s true, many of the popular hand soaps on the market contain toxins like parabens, SLS and synthetic fragrances that are absorbed into our skin and spread throughout our body. You can read more about these ingredients at Awakening Willow. The Natural Foaming Hand Soap recipe below is perfect for the Lazy DIYer!
Here are FOUR reasons why I LOVE this NATURAL FOAMING HAND SOAP recipe…
- Cheap. Not in quality in cost! You pay at least $4 for a store bought natural hand soap-that’s highway robbery! I love to save where I can and depending on the size of your family the ingredients below can last you a year.
- Quik refill! No need to stress out that you are out of hand soap and quickly run to the store (or was that just me?) Just whip out the ingredients and make another batch!
- Easy to make. I’m a lazy DIYer so seriously only 3 ingredients is perfect!
- Great for Kids. Kids don’t necessarily LOVE washing their hands, so having a foaming soap make the process quicker and more pain free.
Below is The Natural Foaming Hand Soap recipe that I personally use and these measurements fit perfectly in the dispenser I linked below.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup unscented liquid castille soap
- 1 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- Best dispenser I have found
Mix all ingredients and voila! You have your very own natural foaming hand soap. Do you currently make your own soap or want to give this one a try? Let me know in the comments!