I have been using this Natural Laundry Detergent for a few months now and am loving it! I am also perfecting a Natural Liquid Laundry Detergent which I will share once I am completely happy with it. There are a few reasons why I love this detergent…
- I love knowing what all of the ingredients are and feel good when I know I am exposing my family to natural and safe ingredients.
- Perfect for the Lazy DIY’er–With only 3 ingredients you can get any simpler than that!
- You can make this with your kids! I let my now 2 year old daughter help me pour the ingredients into the food processor and press the buttons, she loves it!
So here are the ingredients…
Super Washing Soda. Super Washing Soda is 100% sodium carbonate which historically, was extracted from the ashes of plants growing in sodium-rich soils, such as vegetation from the Middle East, kelp from Scotland and seaweed from Spain. It is a natural detergent booster and freshener and can be used all around the home, not just in the laundry room. It is fragrance and phosphate free and helps neutralize and eliminate odors.
Baking Soda. Baking Soda is 100% sodium bicarbonate, as you may know baking soda has many different uses such as cooking, pest control, fire extinguisher and personal hygiene. Baking soda is excellent for removing odors (score for those smelly socks!).
Unscented Pure Castile Bar Soap. This Castile Soap ingredients include organic coconut oil, organic palm oil, sodium hydroxide, water, organic olive oil, organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, sea salt, citric acid and tocopherol (vitamin E). This soap is very gentle and can be used as the name states on babies.
This recipe makes enough for 48 loads, you can easily double this recipe if needed.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no additional cost to you I may receive a small commission if you purchase an item using these links. I only recommend items that I have in fact used and love.
What you will need:
Food Processor, I use this one
1 cup Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
*Optional– add 3 drops (per load) of Purification Oil
- Chop bar of castille soap into smaller chunks and place in food processor along with super washing soda and baking soda
- Blend in food processor until very fine powder
- Place a towel over when blending so fine powder does not escape and pour into your jar of choice like one of these
- Place 2 Tablespoons of detergent in hot water to dissolve for a few seconds once it dissolves you can switch to cooler temps if desired
- Add 3 drops of Purification oil to the water